Friday 11 January 2013

Newspaper evaluation

This session I finished both of my newspapers, both newspapers had the same images and text but I tried out different colors with the imaging and the text. I feel like I should have played about with the lay out more because I only really stuck to one layout.
I used the images of the big painting we all did as a group and if I got the chance to make another newspaper I would do a lot more sketching and planning for the images because I feel that I had to force them together quickly. I layered the photographs together up on top of each other and I think this made the image look to crowded so the reader wouldn't know where to look. Next time I will just stick to simple images and maybe not use the theme of the prostitute in a Rakes Progress and maybe use the theme of the "Bedlum Beggers".
At first I wanted to make an old looking newspaper and I was going to use coffee stained paper to create the background, I attempted this but the paper just went yellow so in the end I left the background white and this makes the newspaper not look like a finished piece, it just makes it look like a  try out so overall I am not very happy with the finial outcome.
I did a version of the newspaper using tritones on the images but this looked dull and grey, I was hoping that it would give the images an old tint to them like a brown or a blue but it just made them look flat and not very interesting although it does make them all look like they belong together.

No comments:

Post a Comment