Thursday 6 June 2013

Started making finial pieces..

I found that after experimenting with pouring the paint over the wooden structures that idea dried up and I got bored with it and felt like I couldnt extend it anymore.
Then I started to pour paint over things like footballs and bottles; provoking the question "is it a painting or a sculpture?"
These were sucsessful so I'm carrying on this idea for my finial pieces. I know that I have reached this conclusion because I can't anser the question if there paintings or sculptures myself and thats what I wanted..
I have researched into the colour theory so that I know what colours work best together.
I have mixed the colours myself.
Here are a few photographs as the pieces are drying, they are textured casts on canvas with paint spilling over the sides; the canvas's were left to dry on plastic so that when they are dry they will just peel off and hold its own structure.
I need to keep experimenting over this next week.






No comments:

Post a Comment