Tuesday 25 September 2012

Costume based on a Rakes Progress

A rakes progress was produced in 1733, therefore I have been looking at the fashions of the men and women in the era and how it has changed throughout the years.
I have also been looking at how the dress was different between the classes.

In this painting Tom is being measured up for some new clothes, i took particular attention to the women by his side.



This is one of my designs that i made by free machining on the sewing machine. I found i worked better if I worked towards some designs instead of just making a dress. The dress i designed here was for Sarah who is Toms pregnant fiancee. She appears to be quite poor and not as privalenged as the other women and thats why the dress is so simple with abit of pleteing on the skirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment