Tuesday 27 November 2012

Reflecting on todays textiles session


In todays textiles session I worked on doing more design ideas for Sarah in a Rakes Progress, I started off by working really expreimentally using collarge and making them look visually interesting. I was using things such as parcel paper, news paper, bits from magazines, foil, sitching on the sewing machine, cartridge paper and tissue paper. After experimenting with drawing over the paper I started drawing over fabric or drawing an eighteenth century dress then putting the fabric diagonally down it to show what the dress would be made out of.
For the second half of todays session I decided to work on a mood board and putting loads of diffent designs together, i worked in permanent marker of magazine cut outs of models so i drew the dress over what the model was already wearing, this worked because it shows that some styles have stayed and its both moder and contemporary.
Next lesson on friday i need to refine my fashion drawings and choose a design and do some variations of that design.
I am also going to try to draw the dresses on people instead of mannequins.

No comments:

Post a Comment